Last updated: 3rd January 2018
Filterfab Pty Ltd ABN 65005247647 (Filterfab) are committed to providing you with a high level of customer service. This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of the personal information you provide to us. We are bound by, and will abide by, the Australian Privacy Principles set forth in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988.
• the kind of personal information Filterfab may collect about you and how we collect the information;
• how we use your personal information;
• how we may disclose your personal information;
• how we protect the information we hold about you; and
• how you can access the information we hold about you.
Links to other sites
Our websites may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Filterfab. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and you access these sites at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit to identify how it collects and uses personal information.
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect generally includes your name, residential, shipping and billing addresses, email address, telephone or mobile numbers, as well as interests and information about your transactions with us or our business partners, including the products and services we provide to you.
If you are accessing our products and services via our websites, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including the IP address of your computer (or other devices), your web browsing history on our websites and transactional data including your payment histories.
We do not generally collect “sensitive information” (such as information about ethnic origin, religious or political views, health information etc) from you.
If you are a participant of a competition organised by us, we may collect additional personal information from you. Please refer to the section “Competition Contestants” below for more information.
Credit card information
We only retain the last 4 digits for verification of your credit card on delivery. In some instances we request a copy of your driver’s licence and credit card to confirm delivery when you are not going to be at home or the products have been purchased as a gift to ensure the transaction is not fraudulent. This information is destroyed as soon as its accuracy is confirmed.
How do we collect personal information?
Filterfab collects personal information directly from you when you submit it online (including via email and live chats) to a website operated by Filterfab, by telephone or facsimile, or in person at one of our stores or trade shows.
There may also be occasions when we collect personal information from publicly available sources or third parties, such as via our business partners where we are responsible for delivering goods or services directly to you, or social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
You have the option of not disclosing personal information to us or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to a particular matter, unless it is, in our view, impractical for us to deal with you that way or we are otherwise required by law or authorised by a court or tribunal to deal you on an identified basis.
Cookies and web beacons
Information that you disclose publicly or via social media networks
Filterfab provides contents and services on a range of platforms (including social media networks) with interactive features to which you may contribute. If you post your personal information in publicly accessible places or social media platforms, your personal information will become publicly available (subject to, where applicable, any privacy settings you have in place in social media platforms). Filterfab will not be responsible for the protection of personal information you choose to publish this way.
How do we use personal information?
Filterfab may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was initially collected or purposes related to such initial purpose if such purposes would be within your reasonable expectations. For example, to:
• provide you with our products and services (including warranty services, repairs and replacement of products and customer care plan services);
• respond to questions or product requests (including via online live chats);
• forecast your future needs for our products and services;
• keep a record of our dealings with each other and enable us to contact you when necessary;
• develop a data profile to enable us to tailor our services to you; or
• (where applicable) conduct competitions and promotions in which you participated.
We may also use your personal information for purposes authorised by laws or regulations, such as to prevent or investigate alleged crime or fraud.
In addition, in order to improve and better our offers and service, Filterfab may, from time to time, use your personal information to contact you to identify promotions, competitions, products and services offered by us that may be of interest to you.
By supplying us your information, you give Filterfab permission to communicate to you via email, SMS, MMS, social media and telephone to inform you about products and services offered by us which are relevant to you. This permission is not limited in time unless you choose to opt out by contacting us using the contact information provided below, or by utilising an ‘unsubscribe’ facility on a communication we send to you in which case, Filterfab will take steps to ensure you do not receive any such direct marketing information in future.
Some members of Filterfab advertise with Google. Google may show you our advertisements based on your previous visits to our site. If you do not wish to see these advertisements you can opt-out by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page here: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
If you are a contestant of a competition held by us, subject to any “conditions of entry” to that competition and depending on the nature of the competition, we may require you to participate in photographs, videos or filming sessions, in which case, we will be in possession of your photographs, images or recordings of your voice. By participating in such competition, you consent to:
• the collection, release, publication or broadcasting of your personal information (including your name, photographs or video footages) as required by the relevant conditions of entry or by law;
• disclosure of your personal information to sponsors of our competition; and
• receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, our related entities and our sponsors from time to time via any medium.
Disclosure of personal information
• our products and services suppliers, such as for supplying products ordered by you and providing services in relation to maintenance and repairs of products;
• financial services providers, such as our banks or third party supplier for securing payment of the products or services we provided to you, such as PayPal, and where applicable credit report agencies or debt collectors;
• technology service providers, such as internet service providers, database management services, digital mail providers who send communications on our behalf, live help service providers and service providers for the prevention of fraud and protection of data;
• service providers who performs market research or manage or review the services provided to you, such as Feefo or Bazaarvoice;
• mailing systems and courier companies which organise delivery of the products you have purchased; and
• our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers and auditors.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas, including but not limited to the United States and India.
We require these organisations to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles. These service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
In addition, we may release your personal information under the following circumstances:
• when required to do so by a court or under applicable laws or regulation (for example, a subpoena) or where requested by a government agency;
• where we consider a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of; and
• to appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
Rate and review
If you provide a review or rating for a product available on one or more of our websites, you agree that we may publish part or all of your review or rating together with your first name and suburb.
Filterfab takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information. We regularly upgrade these systems and review our procedures to ensure high standards of security are used to protect your personal information. As a condition of working for Filterfab all our employees sign a confidentiality agreement. However, since no system is 100% secure or error free, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally protected, for example, from hackers or misuse. If you enter personal information on our website, you should exercise due care to safeguard any passwords, ID number, or other special access features associated with your use of our website.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information from our systems which is no longer required by us.
How to access and amend personal information
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please let us know immediately. We will be happy to accept updated personal information in writing from the owner of that information at any time. However, in order to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections of your personal information. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask the owner of the information to complete a personal information request form.